As the weather is cooling down in the UK now, I wanted to share with you my favourite breakfast recipe that is ‘Louise Parker’ approved, to help you keep on track with the method, even when you’re craving something a little heartier and sweeter – my children love them too!
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon dried skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons soya milk
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla paste
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon butter
Hot raspberry sauce
- ½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Pinch stevia
- Combine the oat bran, flour and dried milk in a food processor or blender, then add the soya milk, egg, vanilla paste, stevia and baking powder
- Blend for 30 seconds then add the blueberries
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and pan fry tablespoons of the batter to make the pancakes, turning them over when the mixture forms bubbles on the surface
- To make the hot raspberry sauce, cook the raspberries and stevia together gently in the saucepan for 2 minutes. Pour the sauce over the blueberry pancakes and enjoy.
This recipe and many more can be found in my Lean For Life cookbook which can be purchased from Amazon and in all good bookshops!