If I don’t have an avocado in the house, I often make these with good-quality hummus spread on the pittas instead. Add an extra squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top to keep it bright and fresh.
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 wholemeal pittas, toasted
- 100g (scant 1 cup) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- 25g (1/4 cup) pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 25g (scant 1/4 cup) feta, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped dill
- sea salt and black pepper
- Roughly mash the avocado with the lemon juice and some salt and pepper.
- Spread onto the pittas and top with the tomatoes, cucumber and olives. Sprinkle over the feta and dill and serve immediately.