I love this sweet and salty combination. Simply one of my favourite summer salads, this also works well with barbecued chicken, nectarines or fresh figs. Go heavy on the herbs for extra zing.
- 2 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g (7oz) cooked chicken, shredded
- small handful of mint leaves, chopped
- small handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 75g (2.oz) pea shoots
- 75g (2.oz) feta, crumbled
- 50g (1/2 cup) walnuts, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- Brush the peaches with the oil and griddle, cut side down, until lovely and charred.
- Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and toss in the chicken, herbs and pea shoots.
- Serve the chicken mixture topped with the luscious griddled peaches, the feta and walnuts.