This recipe works brilliantly with salmon trimmings. I go big on frittatas as they’re delicious cold for snacks and packed lunches.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- small knob of unsalted butter
- 100g (3 ½ oz) watercress, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 75g (¼ cup) grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 125g (4 ½ oz) oak-smoked salmon, sliced
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat and sauté the watercress until just wilted.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, chives, spring onions and Cheddar really well and season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pan, stirring to mix in the watercress, and cook for 5 minutes until the frittata is set around the edges.
- Sprinkle over the smoked salmon and pop under the grill for 5 minutes, keeping an eye on it, until the frittata is set through and lightly golden. Cut into wedges to serve.